Apply for a Grant
- Friday, September 7th: Discretionary grant and Northwestern Bank School Mini-grant applications available online
- Friday, November 2nd: All grant applications are due by 5 PM
- Early December: Grants Committee reviews applications and recommends funding
- Early January 2019: Applicants are notified if they are awarded or denied grant dollars
- Your project must benefit citizens in Chippewa County
- Your organizations must be classified as 501(c)(3) under the Internal Revenue Code
- Your charitable purposes must be defined as deductible under 170(b)(1)(a) of the Internal Revenue Code
Generally grants are awarded to help launch new projects not addressed by existing organizations or to support special efforts of already-established not-for-profit organizations in Chippewa County. Your grant application will be evaluated based on the policies, funding objectives, and how well they help the citizens of Chippewa County. Higher priority is given to projects that present the potential for a multiplier effect.
Right-click (control-click on a Mac) the link and choose “Save Link As” to save the document to your computer. Save a copy and then open the file from your computer before entering in any information to prevent data loss.
Click below to Download the Grant Application.
The Grants Committee reviews all applications. The Board of Directors then acts on the recommendations of the Grants Committee in determining grant recipients. We will notify you in writing about the board’s decision. We cannot, however, provide feedback on individual applications regarding why funding was or was not awarded.
grant proposals that:
- Originate in Chippewa County and demonstrate strong volunteer involvement
- Promote collaboration and reduce service duplication
- Help people help themselves
- Build upon the strengths of communities
- Make a tangible difference in meeting an important community need
- Demonstrate a high level of sustainability
- Routine operating expenses
- Annual campaigns, other endowments
- Direct support to individuals
- Lobbying or political organizations
- Ongoing/repeat grants to the same project