Apply for a Grant
Grants are awarded to a full spectrum of tax-exempt nonprofit organizations — children, education, the arts, health, social justice, or the environment — based on worthy community efforts and the greatest community need.
The Community Foundation of Chippewa County’s 2018 Grant Cycle kicks off Friday, September 8! Applications for discretionary and Northwestern Bank School Mini-grants can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
- Friday, September 7th: Discretionary grant and Northwestern Bank School Mini-grant applications available online
- Friday, November 2nd: All grant applications are due by 5 PM
- Early December: Grants Committee reviews applications and recommends funding
- Early January 2019: Applicants are notified if they are awarded or denied grant dollars
Email us to be added to our grants email list to receive timely reminders and information on our grant cycle. »
important to note
- Your project must benefit citizens in Chippewa County
- Your organizations must be classified as 501(c)(3) under the Internal Revenue Code
- Your charitable purposes must be defined as deductible under 170(b)(1)(a) of the Internal Revenue Code
grant proposals that:
- Originate in Chippewa County and demonstrate strong volunteer involvement
- Promote collaboration and reduce service duplication
- Help people help themselves
- Build upon the strengths of communities
- Make a tangible difference in meeting an important community need
- Demonstrate a high level of sustainability
- Routine operating expenses
- Annual campaigns, other endowments
- Direct support to individuals
- Lobbying or political organizations
- Ongoing/repeat grants to the same project
Click below to Download the grant application.
Click below to Download the Northwestern Bank school mini grant application.