Apply for a Grant
Does your organization have a project worthy of grant money from the Foundation?
Each year grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations serving Chippewa County. Grants fund projects that support: cultural arts, education, environment and conservation, health and human services, civil improvement and character development in youth and adults.
The 2019-2020 grant cycle will open later this year. Please check back for updates and access to this year’s grant application.
The Grants Committee reviews all applications. The Board of Directors then acts on the recommendations of the Grants Committee in determining grant recipients. We will notify you in writing about the board’s decision. We cannot, however, provide feedback on individual applications regarding why funding was or was not awarded.
Our community foundation favors grant proposals that:
- Originate in Chippewa County and demonstrate strong volunteer involvement
- Promote collaboration and reduce service duplication
- Help people help themselves
- Build upon the strengths of communities
- Make a tangible difference in meeting an important community need
- Demonstrate a high level of sustainability
Our community foundation does not fund applications for:
- Routine operating expenses
- Annual campaigns, other endowments
- Direct support to individuals
- Lobbying or political organizations
- Ongoing/repeat grants to the same project